Friday, March 04, 2005

rotan

im begining to understand how my mom felt when i was a 12 year old who refused to do his homework. the burden of ensuring that my 12 year old younger brother does his homework is on my shoulders now. mom thinks after 4 rebelious children, she has enuff of it. so its me with the responsibility now. the reluctant hercules. instead of carrying the world on my shoulders, im carrying the latest KBSM workbooks and text books. i guess wat goes around really does come around with a vengence.

its no easy job i can tell you that. all the irritation and frustration. how the hell do you motivate a kid and tell him school is enjoyable when i myself hated school when i was his age. do you scold him each time he doesnt do his homework?? do you whack him?? do you punish him?? do you him buy him a beer and say, 'thats my boy!!' ?? i remember i got the rotan lots of time when i was his age. mom used to chased me around the garden and my doberman will run with me thinking its some catching game that is going on.until he himself also got the rotan.

my sisters and i used to hide or destroy the rotan in the house. so mom got smart and started buying lots of it and hide it everywhere in the house. on the fridge, below the bed, in the food cabinet, behind the aquarium. i think there was one which was stuck on the under surface on the dining table. very much like in the cowboy movies. only this time the 0.45 Colt is replaced by a 20 inch rotan with a deadly diameter of 10mm. anyway, we kids were always smarter and we manage to find them all and resell them to the shop to buy ice creams or fighting fish.

No comments: