Friday, March 11, 2005

more gaban anyone??

how times have change. few days back an officer from the ministry of education said that children should be encourage to watch more tv, irregardless if the program in educational or not, to improve their command of the english language. as a kid i've always tried to convinced my mom that cartoons really help me but adults being adults she just said, "your grandfather taught you tat isit!?! go study now!!!"
its not tat as a kid i was deprived of tv. i had my fair share or it. a few days back i would have said i watched to much, but now with that comment i would say i've been unfairly denied my chance of developing into a genius....hell if i had 10 hours of a tv a day, i would have been like Ong(our class genius in secondary school).....yeah rite.
every evening it was baja hitam at 4.30 and gaban at 5pm. after those show were yanked off, it was a series bout this japanese girl in a pair of tight red shorts playing volley ball. cant remember the name of the show though. then there were the classics such as Tranformers, Thundercats, GI Joe, My Little Ponny, Jam, Silver Wings...the list just goes on. whenever the exams are around the corner, mom would ban tv or keep it at a minimum. ohh the suffering!!! so when mom went out, would curi curi switch on my grandma's 14 inch tv as she snores aways in her afternoon nap. but got caught everytime and the infamous rotan would appear. i found out later that all my mom had to do was to put her hand on the tv and feel for the heat to find out whether i've been watching tv or not. so from that day on, i would switch on two fans and face it to the tv. when i hear the car entering the house i would quickly take a wet cold cloth and wipe the tv with it. never got caught anymore after that. but my grandma did wonder why her tv is always clean but her dentures are always full of dust.

1 comment:

Charles said...

dude. Ya man. Thundercats are the best. Ninja tutles too.

I'm normal. If ive never watched tv, prolly I'd end up like Chang.

We should have less censorship here too. The closest thing was Baywatch. Bah.

Yaya. McGuyver rocks too. Damn that theme song is in my head now.