Wednesday, October 04, 2006

one wild boar please

there is a chinese shop outside mad's house selling wild boar curry rice. according to him it was fantastic and that got my imagination and tongue into overdrive. because of my schedule, i didnt had the chance to visit the shop until 4 day later. by that time i was already dreaming of wild boar and all those wonderful time in machap.when i went to the shop i had some problem communicating with the lady boss, who spoke cantonese ( i speak hokkien and broken mandarin). this was how it went....

me: ah boss, yoh sang chau choo roh mah chin tian mah??(do you have wild boar meat today?)
boss: meh wah??? (wat??)
me: sang chau choo roh.
boss: poo ming pai la (don understand la)
me: there, babi hutan la.
boss: meh wah??
me: babi hutan la...
boss: (shakes her head)
me: wild boar. sang chau choo rog!! you dont understand???
boss: me yoh ting kor (never heard of it)
me: there, na ket oink oink oink chai hutan lei (there that one oink oink oink in jungle)
boss: huh?? chee pian meh yoh la (huh?? we dont have it here)
me: there na ket choo oink oink oink chai hutan!! ??
boss: oink oink le lor mo la (oink oink your mother la)

later i told mad that the shop said they didnt sell wild boar. he to was puzzled. "what did you tell her??" he asked.
"sang chau choo roh," i replied.
"nabe!!! sang chau choo mean banana pig la, you idiot!!!"

No comments: