Friday, September 29, 2006

day 1: country mouse goes to the city

had to drop by in brickfields first to settle some personal issues. this was my first time in brickfields. when i got off KL Sentral and walked off into brickfields, for a moment i thought i was back in india. indians were everwhere man. for a good twenty minutes of walking i saw no other malay or chinaman but me. the only difference from india was there were no cows walking on the sidewalk and no crazy auto rickshaw drivers.

met up with the NGO guys in their office. nice bunch of ppl. i will be spending most of my time in PJ instead of batu arang cause it will be easier for me to travel to all the different settlement and detention centers scattered around kl.

Mad, my old school friend was kind enough to let me bunk over his place for the next month. and his place is very near the infamous gasing hill. might just drop by one day to check if the rumor bout ppl getting jiggy there is true or not.

No comments: