Monday, May 09, 2005

Gone in 30 seconds

today was my first day of surgery posting in the general hospital. my lampah chee (balls) were shivering in fear even one week before the posting. the reason, the HOD is one hot head who will embarass you in front of the patients and staffs without the slightest show of sympathy or empathy. he onced made a guy stand in the middle of the ward and shout out loud 'I AM STUPID' repeatedly, for failing to answer his questions. he even chased a girl out of the ward, thru the corridor and into the elevator and the whole time calling her names of all the animals you would find in the farm, with the prefix 'stupid idiot'. he only stopped when the elevator door closed. and there were other ppl in the elevator.
but they all say he is a real nice guy after teaching hours and the only reason why he does what he does is so that the students will study. of course there are some out there who beg to differ.

personally i couldnt give a shit. i just want to survive his class with my pride and balls intact.

so the whole weekend i was reading thru my anatomy and surgery text books, remembering all the diagrams and facts that my micro brain can absorb.

woke up at 7.30am. class was at 8am. took my own sweet time to get ready. after all the hospital is just 3mins away by bike. but when i went out of the house, i realised that i had left my bike in the college and it was already 7.50am. so i had to walk to the hospital. when i reached the hospital, i kind of got lost finding my way to the surgery ward. i was never posted in the GH before. previously i was posted in the peripheral clinics.

when i finally found the room it was 8.05. i was relief cause when i popped my head in all i saw was my classmates hovering over the table and there was no sign of him. so i took a step in. JUST ONE STEP. and all the hovering heads lifted up, like the waves did when moses crossed the dead sea, and there HE was(not moses of course). his first words to me were:

GEEEEEEETTTTT OUTTTTTT!!!!

kanineh, cant be this suay rite!??! early early morning kena fuck alerady. how to kena 4D?!?!

HE: WHY ARE YOU LATE???

me: sorry sir. i got lost.

HE: GET OUT!!! THATS NOT AN EXCUSE!!! why were you lost??

me: dont know my way around sir

HE: GET OUT!!!! THAT IS NOT AN EXCUSE. HUH!!!! YOU HAD YOUR TOUR OF THE HOSPITAL DURING YOUR ORIENTATION AND YOU SAID YOU GOT LOST!!! GETTT OUTTTTTTTTT........


with that, i now have the distinction of being the record holder among my classmates for being thrown out the fastest in surgery class.

30seconds

thats how long i lasted in my fist surgery posting. the rest of my friends did slightly better. by 8.15, only 3 out of 12 people remained in class.

its going to be a real loonggg posting.

No comments: