Thursday, June 02, 2011

Life and Immortality

had  a drowning case yesterday. she went back to her kampung in chemanong along ulu katibas for gawai. she was out swimming in the river with the rest of her family. suddenly her father realised she was missing. 10 minutes later, her dad found her at the bottom of the river bed.  

she was only 6.

even in death, she still looks like a sweet and cute little girl. that for her life to be taken at such a young innocent age would seem so tragic and unfair. one moment happily swimming with her loved ones. the next moment, gone forever. i can imagine how hard it must be for her parents and brothers to comprehend her death as they gathered around her crying. 

but then, God works in mysterious ways. 

her death reminded me of my very own immortality and the things that matter in my life. after all, i was swimming in the very same river only 2 weeks ago. your life can just be taken away from you at any time.  

kind of makes me more determined to live out my dreams. makes me more determined to appreciate and focus on the better things in my life rather than to be bogged down by nonsensical trivial matters.

God determines when you are born and when you die. in between, the choices in life are pretty much your very own to make. 

No comments: