Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Lent: DAY 7

im dying....

this no meat diet is driving me crazy. life seems so meaningless when it comes to meal time. thank god for fish. at least there is some meat there.

3 days into the fasting, i begin to have ulcers on my tongue and mouth which makes chewing and speaking painfull. saw the doctor today and she said its some sort of viral infection. but im telling you its withdrawal sypmtoms. i think my tongue is going on strike until it taste meat again.

this afternoon i was having a 'energy deficient due to pork-less diet' nap when i dreamt of something like this:


the only difference was the damm pig in my dream was winking at me and and gave me the thumbs up. woke up with my pillow all drenched with my saliva.

this is going to be a loooongggg LENT.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Talking about it only makes it worse man... trust me. Find your centre of motivation, meat is eviil..

wantan mee walla said...

meat is evil!! which planet you from man?? :)

will take your advice. at the moment its proving more difficult than i thought it will be

Unknown said...

I'm from planet love thy animal as thy wld love thyself.

Of cos, it most definately will be more difficult than u first imagine. But discovering the real motivation behind your intentions helps A LOT.

E.g. if u're doing it becos u're sorry for ur sins and becos u love JC, then remind yourself whenever u feel "empty due to lack of meat in ur diet", that JC died in the most agonizing of manners so that you may live this life as well as the next.

If u truly can appreciate JC's deed and are touched by the selflessness of this VERY REAL person, showing that you won't eat meat for a while in rememberance becomes easier when u make that comparison. In fact u might feel better about urself knowing that u forgo'ed something u like so much just to show that u can or do love him too. If Deepa asked u to show ur love for her by not eating meat in one meal/day, u wld wldn't u?

For me, something else that helps is imagining the animal to be as real as u and me, i'm somehow very sympathetic to all living things. When I realize that a pig, also one of God's creatures btw, was bred, caught, cut open, slaughtered and peddled to make a meal, just so i don't feel hungry, makes me feel that i can satisfy my hunger a bit more animal-humanely.

Remember... when the eating stops... the killing can too.

yoong khean said...

hmm. tsk tsk. kesian. well, im off to munch some bak kua! hehe.

Anonymous said...

I've got to see this to believe it. Easter Sunday is on the 17th of next month, so does this mean that we can only go for seafood meals when I get back? or are you fasting as in minimal meals as well???

wantan mee walla said...

i still eat like a pig. just no pork or chicken on my food. so dont worry. we can still go for our eating binge.